The Standing Group on Political Networks of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) invites proposals for papers to be included in the program of the 3rd European Conference on Social Networks (EUSN), to be hosted on 26-29 September 2017 at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany.
The session welcomes both theoretical work and empirical applications of network theories and social network analysis to any question related to politics. It is open for scholars in public policy analysis, international relations, political sociology, political economy, and other domains of political sciences. Similar sessions at the 2014 EUSN conference in Barcelona and the 2016 EUSN conference in Paris were composed of three to four panels, containing presentations and discussions on highly diverse, interesting and qualitatively excellent work. The previous sessions were very well attended. Although we will finalize the list of panels depending on paper submissions, indicatively we envisage panels in the following areas: policy networks, political leadership, environmental politics, social media, social movements and collective action, etc.
More information about the Political Networks session is available here.
Please feel free to contact the Communication Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
Abstract submission guidelines:
1. Visit the EUSN website here.
2. Register via the CONVERIA conference management tool (“sign up for an account”, if you don´t have one) and log in.
3. Click on the “New submission” link and fill out the form. Make sure you enter all required information:
- State the title of your presentation and select the session you want to submit it to. You can find a description of all sessions on the EUSN website. If you do not find your topic listed, you can choose the “Open Sessions”. If you want to submit a poster, choose “Poster Session”.
- Insert an abstract of max. 500 words. All abstracts (and presentations) must be in English.
- State the full name, institution and contact information of all authors
Abstract submissions are due by March 31. After this date, no abstracts will be accepted. You will receive a receipt of your submission by e-mail. Please note that we can only allow two submissions per person.
- Registration starts February 1.
- Presenting authors need to be registered for the conference until the end of June (Early Bird fee is available until June 14).